Ronald Sieloff is the founder and CEO of Sieloff and Associates, P.A. Ron received his Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude and was admitted to practice law in the State of Minnesota, in 1970.
Ron focuses his practice in the areas of:
- Family law
- child support
- spousal maintenance or alimony
- parenting time matters
- motions practice, including post decree motions, including motions for new trial and amended findings
- Federal and states tax law
- Real estate law
- Elder law
- Medical assistance planning
- Probate law
- Estate planning
- preparation of wills and trusts
- Business start-ups
Ron is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and a member of the family law section and real property law section. He is also a member of the Bar Association of Dakota County and was a member of the Ramsey County Bar Association from 1970 through 2000. In addition, Ron is licensed to practice before the United States District Court, District of Minnesota (1974), the United States Court of Appeals 8th Circuit (1985) and the United States Tax Court (1986).
He is also a member of the Minnesota Taxpayers Association.
Ron was born in the city of Thief River Falls, Minnesota and graduated from Wayzata High School, Wayzata, Minnesota. In 1968, He received his Bachelor of Science of Law degree (1968) and his Juris Doctor degree (1970) from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota.
From 1975 to 1976, Ron served in the Minnesota House of representatives as State Representative and served on the Judiciary and Tax Committees. From 1977 to 1986, he served as State Senator in the Minnesota Senate and served on the Judiciary and Tax Committees. From 1983 through 1986, Ron was the Assistant Minority Leader of the Minnesota State Senate. In 1986, he was appointed by the Minnesota Supreme Court to serve on the Client Security Board, on which he served from 1986 through 1994.
Ron authored “Child Support Guidelines,” Minnesota Family Law Journal, 1984.
Ron has taught the following Classes and Seminars:
- Lecturer; Juggling Your Present and Future Needs: Planning for Retirement Under the 2010 Federal Healthcare Legislation (a/k/a Obamacare); NALS Twin Cities 9th Annual Spring Seminar; April 18, 2012
- Lecturer; Social Security and ObamaCare; LEEA, Legal Employees Education Association, February Meeting; February 7, 2012
- Lecturer; Wills 101; NALS, the Association for Legal Professionals, Region 5 Conference; August 6, 2011
- Lecturer; The Effect of Federal Healthcare Legislation on Family Law (2010 National Healthcare Law Individual Health Insurance Mandate, Subsidy, Penalty) Relating to Family Law Matters, Including Marital Termination Agreements and Dissolution of Marriage Judgment and Decrees; 2011 Family Law Institute; March 29, 2010
- Lecturer; 2010 National Healthcare Law Individual Health Insurance Mandate, Subsidy, Penalty Relating to Family Law Matters, Including Marital Termination Agreements and Dissolution of Marriage Judgment and Decrees; Minnesota Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Webcast; November 15, 2010
- Lecturer; 2010 National Healthcare Law Individual Health Insurance Mandate, Subsidy, Penalty (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148), Healthcare and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (P.L. 111-152)); Tax Section of the Minnesota Bar Association Continuing Legal Education; October 21, 2010
- Lecturer; Special Needs Trust; Minneapolis; 2005
- Lecturer; New Developments in Family Law; Minnesota State Bar Association; 1993
- Lecturer; Family Law In Minnesota “Winning” for your Client; Legal Education Institute; 1991
- Lecturer; Legislative Update – Family Law; Minnesota Institute of Legal Education; 1987
- Lecturer; Effective Lobbying; Office of Hennepin County Attorney; 1986
- Lecturer; New Frontiers in Maintenance & Custody; Advanced Legal Education; 1985
- Lecturer; Spousal Maintenance: New Directions for Permanent Maintenance; Advanced Legal Education Hamline University School of Law; 1985
- Lecturer; Modification of Child Support Orders; Fifth Annual Family Law Institute; 1984
- Lecturer; Minnesota Estate Tax; Minnesota Continuing Legal Education and Minnesota State Bar; 1981
Ron has received the following Honors and Awards:
- Chief Justice Warren E. Burger Healer Award from the National Council of Children’s Rights, 1992
- Outstanding Contributor, Minnesota State Bar Association Probate and Trust Law Section, 1982
- Legislative Evaluation Assembly Top Senator Award, 1981
- Chosen as Legislator of the Year by the Minnesota Association of Commerce and Industry, 1980